Monday, March 6, 2017

An oldie but a goodie...Hawksong

The week before spring break always presents challenges in the library.  Most folks are ready for a break--and for students that may mean a break from everything academic.  See...for me, reading is academic and it is NOT at the same time.  I am growing my brain by reading, but it provides me with such enjoyment that it is not academic at all.

For spring break, I am challenging our faculty and staff to read and post what they are reading to share with others.  #RRockReads  Of course, anyone is allowed to join in the sharing, but I am hoping that our staff members will be reading something for fun over the break.

To that end, I would like to suggest some good books to read.

Last night, I watched a show that I have enjoyed for several seasons, Madam Secretary.  In last night's episode, there were two young people who wanted to end the strife in their country.  It reminded me of a book that I read years ago, but I still like to recommend it to students and staff.

Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Danica Shardae and Zane Cobriana are both shapeshifters.  They are both in line to take the throne in their respective countries.  They both want to end the war that has been plaguing their countries for decades.  Danica and Zane seek outside counsel to figure out a solution to this problem.  The outside counsel suggests that they form an unbreakable alliance--marriage.  Danica and Zane agree even though they both had other plans in that area of their lives.  Will they be able to bring about peace between their two countries?  Will it actually make things worse?  Find out in this thrilling page turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment