Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine's Day @ the Ridgeview Library

Having worked with middle school students through many Valentine's Days, I know that it can be a mixed bag of emotions, moods and overall craziness.  Well...I have always said...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  So, we are promoting books through "Blind Date with a Book".

As students come into the library, we are giving them the chance to have a #blinddatewithabook.  The books are in plain brown paper bags with a very brief introduction.  If they choose to check it out, then they must agree to give the book a chance before deciding to continue reading it or returning it.



Yesterday, we had 10 different classes in the library to check out books.  I told them about the promotion, and many of them decided to test fate and try a blind date.

Best line of the day: "I'm going to leave the book in the bag because it reminds me of lunch, and I am hungry for words."

I know that it is cheesy, but I love it.  I love it when the students feel comfortable enough to share their crazy notions.  It is rather enlightening to their senses of humor and personality.

Yes, I love working with middle school students.  I count my blessings every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment